Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hats!

How many of us wear several hats in our lives? I can go through my mind and come up with so many of the hats I wear on a daily basis. Do these hats identify the person I am, my soul? I wear a halo (thats a type of hat, right?) because I am a child of God. I wear a beautiful bonnet because I am a wife. I wear a witches hat because I am a parent of 3 kids! I wear a dunce cap sometimes when I make poor decisions or choose the wrong direction. I wear a checkered hat as a taxi driver to my kids and a cap of knowledge as my children's teacher. I also wear a chef's hat because I am a good cook/baker! A beret because I am an artist! A police hat because I enforce the law of the house! A firemans hat because I keep the fire going to heat the house.

As I sit here and ramble about the labors of my life and the hats that go with them I stop to ponder....... Which one of those hats describe me best.
The hat is my cowboy hat. I am a country girl to my soul. I wear jeans and boots and love the cowboy way of life. So .. as you go through your lives exchanging hats for each situation, never lose the hat that fits you best, the one that brings you home.


No comments:

Post a Comment