Easter Sundays have always been dedicated to church, eggs, chocolate and ham. This year was different. Yes, we went to church, that part didn't change. But after church was totally different then it has been in over 20yrs. There was no ham.. there was no bunnies... there were no eggs.. there will always be chocolate though! Kids have moved out, gotten married and started their own traditionsn. Having one left living at home it was weird. We had burgers and guac/chips for lunch and then Keenan went his way with his buddies and Kraig and I worked outside.
I am hoping what I did doesn't become a tradition on Easter every year. I cleaned up dog poop, raked yucky parts of the yard and rolled up cords, and threw away alot of yucky stuff that accumulated throughout the winter! The trash man Timmy will love me on Tuesday morning! ;o) But while I was picking up poo I was thinking of how things will be so different when all my kids decided to leave my nest. Will it always be dog poop and yard work or will it be family dinners and such again? A sad day, but a good day. I miss my kids being little and dying eggs, hiding them over and over again until the shells were mushy. The giggles of what they found in their baskets and eating candy ALL day! God will show me a new tradition I am sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I remember those traditions so well! Kyle and I were just talking about that on Sunday ... hiding the eggs in "zones" -- I wasn't allowed to pick up the ones I saw in the "Joey zone" or "Keenan zone" because I was older and knew that the boys couldn't reach the eggs hidden in the cow skull's eye sockets!
ReplyDeleteAwww, this made me sad... but working on the yard without constant interruptions and little voices clambering for attention sounds really good to me right now ;)
ReplyDelete