Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fighter

Today is April 25th. A great day but a sad day all at once. Today is one year since I lost my sister Karrie to that ugly "C'' word. Yes, cancer. She fought brain cancer for nine years! She never let cancer control her life. She was a daughter, she was a wife and a mother of two sons, she was a sister and a friend. So many things have changed in the year that she has been gone. Some she would like and others she wouldn't.





The word fighter is the word used most in her funeral service. A fighter she was. She was outspoken and stubborn and did things HER way. She let you know if she didn't like what you were doing, wearing, etc. She turned her life from a high school drop out to a successful business woman.








The sisters. From right to left in age is Kathie, Karrie and myself. We all look alike with the exception of hair/eye colors. We may look alike but are nothing alike other then that. Kathie is the hardest worker I know and is always giving to others. Karrie was Kathies very best friend and sister. They were so much closer then we were. Today my heart breaks more for Kathie and my Dad then most in my family. Kathie hasn't been the same since we lost Karrie. Dad, losing a child, has changed him as well.

The good things that came from the death of my sister Karrie. I was able to care for her in her last 6wks of life which made me feel so good. We werent as close as her and Kathie but her needing me the last few days helped me heal from our loss. So today, is bittersweet. I am sad for our loss and remember the last days when Karrie and I were the closest we ever were.

No comments:

Post a Comment